Thursday, November 10, 2011

Introduction

Hello! Welcome to 1000 km a year. I created this blog about one year ago and I think that in the last year I have easily met my 1000km a year goal. Running, that is. I love running. I decided that for the rest of my able-bodied life I would like to run 1000km a year. On average that puts me at 2.73km a day, 19.23 a week or 83.3km a months. For me this seems doable. I like to run the occasional half marathon and I hope to one day run a full marathon. On average I definitely run 20km a week, sometimes less, most often more. I would prefer to run more but because that pesky thing called life always gets in the way and seems to knock me off the exercise wagon it does not always turn out that way. Rather than worry about a week (or even month) off once in a while which is bound to happen, I am going to concentrate on getting in my 1000km every year. Can I stick to it when returning to work full time with a commute? Can I stick to it without neglecting my family (hubby, 3 small kids)? That is yet to be seen. I hate getting up at the crack of dawn or before.* I am too exhausted at 9pm when the house falls silent and I could theoretically go squeeze in a few km. I do however see a way that I could run partially to work or run at lunch, so that will be my aim come January. In any case I will have to work on making running a priority when I return to "reality" after a long maternity break. In the back of my mind there is a local May 2012 marathon that I have been yearning to attempt, rather than just the 1/2. We will see.
I will keep you posted.
Time to go log some distance. :)

*-before because for 1/2 of the year the sun only rises between 7am-9am where I live (note-author's unscientific estimate)



Update:

Today's log: approx. 15km: Got a bit turned around, lost in the woods, followed some luckily frozen over deep mud ruts recently left by a logger, potentially sprained my toe. Home again.

Check it out via Garmin connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment