Tuesday, November 22, 2011

9km- Layers and High Intensity Interval (HII) Training

Today I almost made the mistake of forgetting that it is practically the end of November when leaving the house. I stepped outside and quickly retreated and threw on another layer over my first three layers. Not much worse than being inappropriately dressed for a jog. I once had to run through the woods in heels and 5 months pregnant. Talk about a bad run. But I digress...
Last week I did not run intervals, so I decided to try them again today with my fabulous Garmin Forerunner 305. I did the same amount of intervals (10) as I had last time so I could compare today with my last interval run two weeks ago. The comparison is quite interesting. My first interval run was mostly on a track. On the track I definitely ran the HII much faster, but my recovery runs were slower. Today I ran my regular 9km loop but with HII. On the track run, my average pace was slightly slower. Today's cool down pace was significantly faster, but then again, my cool down today was 32 minutes vs. the 14 minutes after the track intervals. My unscientific conclusion? I run faster on a track and no matter what I do it is better to run than sit on a couch.
Check out my run online.

No comments:

Post a Comment