Thursday, November 17, 2011

5km- Running faster

Nothing fancy today, just a simple 5km trying to beat 30 minutes. Relatively simple. I did it in 29:21. I suppose I could have one faster, but the first half was a bit slower than I should have run. In the back of my mind I may have been deliberating going further since 5km is a bit too short of a distance for me. But since I have done 12 the 10km in the last two days and the joints are feeling some pan, I thought I would try for short and fast today. "Fast" is relative. I would like to do 5km in less than 25 minutes. On a treadmill speed was not that hard for me, but since I have said farewell to treadmills, I have become much slower. This was a good start to increasing my speed on 5km. Next week I will run "against"myself with the Virtual Partner feature on my PS watch and see if I can't kick my own butt.
Until then! I have a long holiday weekend coming up, so I am not sure I can get in any runs Fri-Sun, but I will try for at least one.
Check out my run online

No comments:

Post a Comment