Tuesday, November 15, 2011

12.05km/ Bright sun, small revalations & good samaritanism

Today three things stood out during my run.
First of all, the sun. I live in the land of long summer days and short, grey winter days. From October to April, any sunlight is greatly appreciated, but today it was blinding as running towards it was unavoidable during my first 1,5km. It was the kid of blazing sunlight that can make you run into a pole, or as I saw at km 3,5- a car accident. I really felt for the guys at the side of the road talking to the police. That was really bright sunlight, but what are you gong to do? Wait for a cloud to leave the house?
Around km 8,5, as I was practicing my foreign languages in my head as I do when I run, I had a suddenly small revelation that my grandmother for many years had been calling my grandfather "little mouse" in Russian. no big deal if I had a Russian grandmother, but I had the opposite- a anti-Russian grandmother (pick up a history book to find the reason a Latvian grandmother would hate all things Russian). Hmm.
Lastly during my final stretch, when I could almost see home, I decided to be a good Samaritan and tell a unknown neighbor that her dog had gotten out of the fence. Recently I got some bad feedback when I did not do more to help a lost dog, so I thought I could redeem myself a bit. Well, the lady came out of the house and yelled at me to stay away from the dogs. You're welcome, lady.
Check out my run online.

No comments:

Post a Comment