Thursday, January 19, 2012

5,62km +1,5

I finally realized that 5am runs were not going to happen every day, so I joined a gym for a bargain basement cost to go during work hours, M-F. So basically this means I have to squeeze in as many kilometers as possible during the shortest time possible. So currently my plan is to run like my feet are on fire for 30 minutes, so that I can somewhat respectably leave and get back to work in about an hour. Today was my first attempt and I got to 5.62 in 30 min. Not bad since my average run outdoors has been about 9.5km/hr lately. I used to run faster when I trained on a treadmill, but outdoor only training has slowed me down. It's nice to know I still have it in me to run faster!
+1,5 is because I am counting a mad dash I had to make to the bus in about 15 minutes through downtown traffic and lights after a work-related event.

No comments:

Post a Comment