Sunday, February 12, 2012

12,87km (8mi) in -22C

Due to some cabin/treadmill fever, I took the plunge and went running outside even though the thermoneter showed -22C. I could not stand the guilt of another cold, cold weekend passing me by without a run, so I went for it. Especially since I am just barely meeting the requirements of my marathon training schedule. Barely. Even though I have been breaking my personal land-speed records on the treadmill (5.68km in 30 minutes is my best so far), these 12,8km took me almost 1h30min on the icy roads. 1,5 hours in -22C is ok, I got used to it after a while and even my face warmed up, but the worst was after I got home, I ealized that I could not really feel my feet and somewhere along the way I had twisted my ankle and kept running. So yesterday and today I have been limping around and I doubt I will get in another 6,4km today that I owe from last week or the 3km "EZ" run scheduled for today. Oh well. Limping does not do me any favors as a working girl, so perhaps rest it will be today. My cheapie gym membership runs out in a week, and today it is a tropical -5C or so, so perhaps I will revisit 5am runs again. This would really solve the whole dodge to the gym during lunch and try to fit in some running and run back like a wild woman during the working day. MAybe today I can count as "cross training" as it looks like we might get in some sledding! In any case I have to get a bit more serious about sticking to my running schedule if I am going to make it through those 42km in May!   

No comments:

Post a Comment